Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Moore is a founding member of Vine Alternative Investments and has been its Managing Partner and CEO since inception in 2007. He provides strategic direction and executive management oversight of the firm. Due to his long career in investment banking, Mr. Moore brings many years of senior level transaction structuring expertise and execution leadership to Vine. Mr. Moore sits on the firm’s investment committee.
- 20 years of structured finance experience, including 16 years at JP Morgan
- Successful track record of developing start-up businesses including: senior member of JPM’s public ABS team that grew the business from a startup to #5 in the league tables during the mid-1990’s; founded ABN Amro’s US term ABS business; and created the US Financial Institutions Banking group for Dresdner Kleinwort
- Originated and structured a broad variety of commercial and consumer structured products, creating over $20 billion of securities: all performed to investor expectations
- Head of Asset Backed Securities at ABN Amro, North America, responsible for $20 billion commercial paper conduit funding portfolio, public ABS origination, trading and syndicate and commercial mortgage backed origination, trading and syndicate
- B.S. in Finance and Economics from the University of Delaware
Partner, Chief Investment Officer and Head of Investor Relations
Mr. Lambert is a founding member of Vine Alternative Investments and has been Chief Investment Officer and Head of Investor Relations since its inception in 2007. He provides oversight of all transaction underwriting and structuring activities, investment monitoring, and is involved in all transaction related legal documentation negotiations. Mr. Lambert brings many years of media and entertainment banking experience to Vine. Mr. Lambert sits on the firm’s investment committee.
Mr. Lambert’s background includes:
- 20 years of investment banking experience with a focus as a media and entertainment banker
- Trained in credit, structuring and transaction execution at Chemical Bank with extensive experience within the Media and Entertainment sectors
- 12 years at Dresdner Kleinwort including 10 years in the Media, Communications & Entertainment Group responsible for structuring and marketing a variety of capital markets products to sector participants
- Senior member of the structuring team that successfully closed a variety of film related transactions
- Founded the Leveraged Finance Group at Dresdner Kleinwort in 2005
- B.S. in Economics and Business Administration from Wagner College and an M.B.A. in Finance from Pace University
Chief Operating Officer
Mr. Kovach is a founding member of Vine Alternative Investments and has been Chief Financial Officer and Head of Business Origination since inception in 2007. In his role as CFO, he has oversight responsibility for all financial reporting and operational activities of Vine. As Head of Business Origination, Mr. Kovach is responsible for spearheading all business development activities for Vine, including the development and management of key entertainment industry and financial relationships. He also plays a key role with respect to transaction negotiation and execution. Mr. Kovach sits on the firm’s investment committee.
- Over 18 years experience in all aspects of structured finance, originating and structuring numerous transactions across a variety of asset classes and industries with no credit losses
- Transaction experience includes assets in the media and entertainment, automotive, credit card, consumer and commercial loan, timeshare, equipment, leveraged loan, collateralized debt obligations, and private equity markets
- Co-managed a $3 billion non-bank financial institution credit portfolio and originated a $1 billion structured credit portfolio of equity securities while at ANZ Investment Bank
- Senior member of Dresdner Kleinwort’s Financial Institutions Group responsible for originating buy-side investments in the area of specialty-finance and CDOs; facilitated growth in the portfolio to $4 billion in assets
- Member of the CFA Institute and received his Chartered Financial Analyst designation in 2002 B.A. in Economics and Finance from Fairleigh Dickinson University and an M.B.A. from Rutgers University
Since joining Vine in 2012, Mr. Amir has served as Partner and Head of Transaction Analytics. His direct industry background at a major studio adds an important layer of experience with respect to his structuring, analytics and transaction modeling responsibilities at Vine.
- Over ten years experience in investment banking
- Five years experience within a major Hollywood studio’s motion picture group
- Senior member of Sony’s Motion Picture Business Development Group responsible for determining financial viability of feature films through analysis of all media channels under varying distribution and capital structures
- Analyzed more than 100 motion picture films ranging in production investment size from $1-$300 million
- Evaluated and structured strategic and financial initiatives including slate equity financings, co-productions and co-distribution partnerships
- Responsible for evaluating opportunities and monitoring existing operations worldwide for non-U.S. films including business plan formulation for market entry and evaluating individual films for greenlight
- Extensive relationships with all major studios spanning across all principal operating divisions, finance and strategy groups
- B.A. in Economics from University of Pennsylvania and an M.B.A. from UCLA Anderson School of Management
Mr. Lantsman joined Vine in 2016, where he is responsible for investment underwriting, transaction support, deal execution, monitoring and reporting.
- Over 10 years of media and entertainment corporate strategy and business development experience
- Focused on film and television deal analysis, strategic planning, and corporate development at Skydance Media
- While at Skydance Media, played a key role in the $700 million recapitalization of the company
- Focused on strategic initiatives and supported cross-functional activities among business units including Business Development, International Distribution, and Original Programming at Starz
- Conducted deal analysis, managed corporate facilities, and supported FP&A while at Exclusive Media
- B.S. in Finance from California State University Northridge
Ms. Frankel joined Vine in 2014, where she is responsible for investment underwriting, transaction support, deal execution, monitoring and reporting and marketing the firm’s products.
- Sales, consulting and equity finance within J.P. Morgan’s Prime Brokerage Group
- Providing leverage to and monitoring portfolios of buyside clients within her equity finance role
- Prior experience includes Centerbridge Partners and The Weinstein Company
- B.B.A from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan
Mr. Wang joined Vine in 2018, where his responsibilities include investment underwriting, transaction support, deal execution, monitoring and reporting.
- Investment Banking within BMO Capital Markets
- Advised companies on mergers and acquisitions as well as capital raising
- B.B.A with a concentration in Finance from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School
Chief Financial Officer
Mr. Paley joined Vine in 2010. He is currently Director of Finance and Chief Compliance Officer with responsibility for oversight of all company accounting, financial reporting and company compliance requirements. He is the liaison with Vine’s third party administrator, custodian, auditor and tax preparer. Mr. Paley is a Certified Public Accountant.
- Over eight years in both private and public accounting. Focused on a wide array of products and services included accounting, auditing and tax services.
- Three years at public accounting firm BDO USA in the financial services group. Responsibilities included: reviewing investment manager internal controls, preparation of financial statements, investment fair value evaluations and review of fund net asset value calculations for hedge funds, fund of funds and private equity funds.
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New York State.
- B.S. in Accounting from the University of Pittsburgh and an M.B.A. in Investment Management from Pace University Lubin School of Business.
Ms. Anikushina joined Vine in 2017 as a senior accountant. She is responsible for all company accounting and financial reporting.
- Six years of both corporate and private equity accounting experience with a focus on preparation of financial statements, fund net asset value calculations for private equity funds and fund of funds
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New York State.
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Baruch College and an M.S. in Taxation from Pace University Lubin School of Business.
Ms. Bonales joined Vine in 2021 as a senior accountant. She is responsible for company accounting and financial reporting.
- Three years of private equity accounting experience at a Fund Administrator with a focus on preparation of financial statements and fund net asset value calculations for private equity funds and fund of funds.
- B.S. in Accounting from Fairleigh Dickinson University.